Tubular Design - Standard & High Capacity Series Battery
The SBS tubular battery provides high performance, long life and lower maintenance costs. Unique design features provide higher capacity but not sacrificing battery cycle life, while maintaining normal watering intervals.
Unique Design Features and Benefits
- Higher energy density than flat plate positive plate constructed batteries means better performance
- Greater surface area optimizes active material utilization which allows for higher voltages under load, resulting in superior performance in high rate and cold storage applications
- Hadi High pressure die cast positive splines resist corrosion which is superior to gravity cast flat plate construction and improves battery life (Dense grain structure of tubular grid using pressure die casting)
- Uniform distribution of active material and weight is achieved through a wet filling process which enhances plate uniformity
- Round, non-woven tubular gauntlets provide superior resistance to active material shedding
- Fully enveloped separators reduce the chance of short circuiting
- 1" sediment space to prevent short circuits
- Rubber terminal bushings absorb impact and shock on rough floors
High Capacity Tubular
When you require the maximum run time out of your battery, you can rely on the SBS high capacity tubular Z-series battery. Multi plate thin separator technology allows for more positive and negative plates than a conventional cell.
- No decrease in watering space above the plates
- The thin separator technology coupled with the superior round tube design provides unhindered electrolyte circulation
Greater Acid Circulation
- SBS round tube has greater acid circulation than square tube or flat plate positive plates
- The round tube allows it to retain its shape as the plate expands during discharge
Product Spec Sheet
Información en español
Optional Sealed Tray
If the occasional dripping fluid which arises from overwatering or washing poses a contamination or housekeeping issue or if electrical equipment is located directly under the battery compartment, SBS can provide a sealed tray option.Instead of excess fluids draining from the bottom of the battery, excess fluid can be suctioned out through a vertical tube located between the battery cells.