Ametek - SCR Charger: Ultra Maxx Opportunity Charger
The UltraMaxx fills a recharge performance gap between traditional charging and fast charging. Many people are attracted to the benefits associated with fast charging but can't justify the expense to install and purchase such equipment.
With its minimum charger size, moderate input service rating and inexpensive remote installation cost, it offers an economical solution for eliminating the burdens and cost associated with battery rooms, fast charge charging stations and truck/driver down time.
- Charges batteries to 80% in 3 hours or less
- Uses BID module to monitor battery temperature during charge cycle to maximize battery life
- With the Standard Extended Amp Hour Feature, batteries can be charged up to 50A/100 start rate and a 4.5A/100 finish rate
- I-E-I charge profile for accurate and efficient charging
- Compensates for battery operating temperature automatically Data Mate and CDAC compatible
You might wonder why you can’t just opportunity charge with a conventional charger. For years, battery and charger manufacturers have discouraged opportunity charging and that was because the charger controls weren’t in place to monitor and control the charge cycle. Now with more intelligent chargers, it is possible to opportunity charge with minimal effect on battery life.
Prestolite Power’s Ultra Maxx charges batteries right in the truck, during breaks and shift changes. The result? Your truck batteries can achieve a consistent state of charge without those unproductive trips to the battery room… and without battery changing.
That’s because the Ultra Maxx opportunity charger senses battery voltage and temperature from the BID module to optimize charge parameters. The Ultra Maxx can also charge batteries at conventional and valve regulated rates, maximizing your current battery and charger investment.